WADSWORTH — A woodburning stove caused a house fire Friday evening.
The Wadsworth Fire Department was called to 10245 Pifer Road just after 5 p.m. about a fire that started in the woodburning stove in the kitchen, Assistant Fire Chief Ron Likley said.
“It was a kitchen fire that got into the walls and traveled to the second floor,” he said.
The homeowner was tossing buckets of water on the flames when firefighters arrived. No one was injured, Likley said.
Firefighters controlled the flames in less than an hour. They had to open a second-story exterior wall with an ax to gain better access to the fire, he said.
“My main concern with this type of construction was that it was going to travel into the attic, but we got a good stop on it right away,” Likley said.
He estimated the fire caused about $3,000 worth of damage.
Contact Lisa Hlavinka at (330) 721-4048 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Print this story
Report an innappropriate comment
In order to comment, you must agree to our user agreement and discussion guidelines.
Read our user agreement and discussion guidelines ..
Need help? Email Us.