MONTVILLE TWP. — Five people were injured when a chlorinator inside a pool shed exploded this morning at Fox Meadow Country Club, according to a Medina fire official.
Second Medina Assistant Fire Chief Mark Crumley said all those injured were employees of the country club and were taken to Medina Hospital for treatment of minor injuries. Four were treated and released.
A hospital spokesman said one person was still being treated this afternoon but was expected to be released later.
Those injured range in age from 17 to 57, a hospital spokeswoman said.
Crumley said he believes the explosion at about 8:45 a.m. was caused by a block in the chlorinator, which dispenses chlorine into the pool.
Two employees were working within the area of the chorinator when it exploded, said Crumley, who’s also the department’s fire marshal.
The pool was not open at the time, he said.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating the accident, a spokesman said. He said the agency is looking at worker safety and the scene, and can take up to six months to complete the investigation.
Print this story
Report an innappropriate comment
In order to comment, you must agree to our user agreement and discussion guidelines.
Read our user agreement and discussion guidelines ..
Need help? Email Us.