LAFAYETTE TWP. – A fire ripped through a house Thursday night at 100 Briarwood Blvd. in Chippewa Lake.
Lafayette Township Fire Chief Jeff Hall said no one was injured from the blaze, which likely resulted from an electrical malfunction in a bedroom of the house.
“A father, son and dog were inside, and all got out OK,” Hall said today.
Hall said the estimated loss from the fire is about $125,000, which includes damage to the home and its contents.
The fire call came in at 8:16 p.m. Thursday and was under control at 9:06 p.m., the chief noted.
In addition to Lafayette, fire departments from Seville and Westfield responded to the call. Overall, about two dozen firefighters were on scene Thursday night, Hall said.
Print this story
Report an innappropriate comment
In order to comment, you must agree to our user agreement and discussion guidelines.
Read our user agreement and discussion guidelines ..
Need help? Email Us.