Carbon Monoxide Detector – Battery Operated
- Since these detectors run on a simple battery, you can install them at any location in the house.
- Installation is easy and typically requires only a nail and a hammer.
- To save the battery, the detector does not display a lot of information.
- It’s typically a plain Jane detector that only alerts you when the CO levels are high.
- The detector should be replaced every three years.
- You must reset the detector manually after it goes off.
- The battery requires replacing regularly to keep the detector working.
Carbon Monoxide Detector – Household Current Operated
- The detector will reset itself automatically once the CO levels are safe.
- The detector tests the air for CO levels continuously and updates the display with this information every few minutes.
- You should replace the whole detector every five to 10 years.
- It requires minimum maintenance to keep it working properly.
- The detector must be hard-wired into the electrical system that is running through the home, though some can be plugged in.
- Hardwired models are somewhat difficult to install, and the location of installation is limited.
Choosing the right type of detector depends on what needs your household requires. No matter what type you choose, a CO detector will help keep your home and family safe from possible carbon monoxide exposure.
For more information on selecting a carbon monoxide detector, contact the experts at Geisel Heating, Air Conditioning and Plumbing. We’ve been serving Greater Cleveland for more than 77 years.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about carbon monoxide detectors and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Geisel Heating, Air Conditioning and Plumbing services Western Cleveland. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today! For those Do it Yourselfers who would rather take control of your own indoor comfort, you can shop our online store for replacement parts, products and accessories!