By Nick Hanek
I’m writing this from the floor of the convention. The energy is amazing, people are chanting, cheering, clapping, and waving flags.
We have heard from a large and diverse number of speakers including a number of Ohio speakers including military veterans and firefighters. All stressing the work this President has done to support working families.
The Ohio delegation has great seats just to the right of the main stage. I am very excited to hear Michelle Obama speak later tonight.
- Ashley Judd spoke to the Ohio delegation this morning and was a great speaker.
- The diversity of delegates is wonderful. I’ve had the opportunity to have conversations with a governor, congress members, teachers, iron workers, and all kinds of people. And at this convention- we are all sitting together.
- John Legend put on an awesome concert.
- I’ve been on tv along with the Ohio delegation judging from the number of txts and Facebook posts I’ve received.
- Ted Strickland got one of the best responses of the night reminding the crowd that Mitt Romney wanted to let Detroit go bankrupt and give up on the American auto industry.
Nick Hanek is a Brunswick resident, assistant Lorain County prosecutor and a delegate to the 2012 Democratic national convention.