MEDINA — The Medina Board of Education will meet today and tomorrow to conduct interviews for the seat on the board left vacant by the retirement of Dr. Robert Wilder.
The board has 17 applicants and will conduct private interviews with each starting at 5:30 p.m. today in the conference room at 140 W. Washington St., followed by a recess until Saturday at 9 a.m. when they will complete the interviews.
The following people have applied for a seat on the school board; three applications were not available:
• Douglas Adamczyk: A five-year resident of the school district, Adamczyk holds a bachelor of arts in management and works as regional director of sales for First Priority Financial Inc.
• Donald Barnes: A 29-year resident of the district, Barnes holds a two-year business degree from Ohio State University and serves as a building monitor for the city of Medina.
• Thomas Cahalan: A 21-year resident of the district, Cahalan holds a master of science in management and a bachelor of science in biology from Purdue University and works as a personal trainer at the Medina Community Recreation Center.
• Sandra Dombrowski: A 12-year resident of the district, Dombrowski holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration and English literature from Baldwin Wallace University. Dombrowski served as senior vice president and manager of asset management at KeyCorp before becoming a stay-at-home mom.
• Doug Eastwood: A 49-year resident of the district, Eastwood is a 1981 graduate of Medina High School. He owns and operates his own company, Medina Excavating Inc.
• Jason Goodman: A 14-year resident of the district, Goodman graduated from Euclid High School in 1990 and serves as president and CEO of Absolute 0 Internet Studios.
• Dr. Kelly Parker: A 20-year resident of the district, Parker has a degree in veterinary medicine from The Ohio State University and is the owner of Medina Veterinary Clinic.
• James Patneau Jr.: A 36-year resident of the district, Patneau holds a bachelor’s degree from Ohio University and a master’s in business administration from Ashland University and serves as president of Free Enterprises Inc.
• Mary Anne Rodgers: An eight-year resident of the district, Rodgers holds a bachelor of arts in human development and a minor in early childhood education. She is a retired college professor and works part time as a preschool administrator.
• Ronald Ross: A 27-year resident of the district, Ross holds a bachelor of science in engineering from the U.S. Military Academy and is a retired Medina police sergeant.
• Matthew Rubino: A three-year resident of the district. Rubino holds a bachelor of science in business finance and a master’s in public administration from the University of Akron. He is the director of the Office of Budget and Management for Cuyahoga County.
• Christopher Shuster Sr.: A 12-year resident of the district, Shuster holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting and business administration and works as an office manager for Trailer One Inc.
• Robert Skidmore: A lifelong resident of the district, Skidmore holds a juris doctorate from the University of Akron School of Law and he works as an attorney at a transfer title agency.
• Eve Whitmore: An 11-year resident of the district, Whitmore holds a doctorate from Ohio University and works as a clinical psychologist. She is employed by M&E Whitmore Consulting, Cornerstone Psychological Services and Western Reserve Psychological Services.
The three people whose application forms were not available are Todd Gerber, Robert Tomaselli and Tim Turrittin.
Contact reporter Loren Genson at (330) 721-4063 or email@example.com.
Print this story
Report an innappropriate comment
In order to comment, you must agree to our user agreement and discussion guidelines.
Read our user agreement and discussion guidelines ..
Need help? Email Us.