MEDINA — A Medina man was among five people indicted by a Medina County grand jury Wednesday on domestic violence charges.
Daryl E. Inman, 35, of 333 N. Spring Grove St., is charged with two counts of domestic violence — third-degree felonies because he has a criminal history. According to county common pleas court records, a jury found him guilty of second-degree felonious assault in 2003. Also in 2003, he was sentenced to a year in prison for cocaine possession, a fifth-degree felony.
In 2009, Inman was convicted of domestic violence, assault on a police officer and obstructing official business, felonies of the third, fourth and fifth degrees. He was sentenced to two years in prison.
The grand jury indicted six others Wednesday, including four on domestic violence counts:
• William E. Fonseca, 51, of Lake Station, Ind., was indicted on two counts of domestic violence, fourth-degree felonies. According to the indictment, he has a criminal history.
• Jeffrey R. Merrix, 45, of 374 Pearl Road, Apt. 15, Brunswick Hills Township, was charged with domestic violence, a third-degree felony. According to the indictment, he also has a previous history of crime.
• Shane E. Powers, 39, of 544 Bronson St., Medina, was charged with domestic violence, a fourth-degree felony. He has appeared four other times in county common pleas court since 2006 on charges of theft and violating protection orders.
• Jamie T. Smith, 25, of 504 Hard St., Wadsworth, was indicted on a count of domestic violence, also a fourth-degree felony. Smith has appeared in county common pleas court in 2007 and 2010 on charges of breaking and entering and drug possession.
• Thomas O. Michaels III, 22, of 8010 Lake Road, Apt. D., Westfield Township, was charged with heroin possession, a fifth-degree felony. He appeared in county common pleas court last year on a charge of receiving a stolen credit card.
• Tyler W. Robin, 20, of 538 W. Friendship St., Apt. 3, Medina, was charged with obstructing justice, a fifth-degree felony. He has no previous criminal record in the county.
A grand jury convenes every other Wednesday.
Contact reporter Nick Glunt at (330) 721-4048 or firstname.lastname@example.org.