June 24, 2016


UPDATED: Country club worker electrocuted on job

MONTVILLE TWP. — A 33-year-old employee of Fox Meadow Country Club died from electrocution Wednesday while working on a damaged irrigation pipe.

Michael Krebs, of Fairlawn, was found by the club’s golf course superintendent at 1:19 p.m., Montville Police Chief Terry Grice said.

The superintendent had left at 10 a.m. to get parts for the repair.

Grice said police were not yet sure how Krebs was electrocuted, but there were wires in the ditch to power the irrigation system.

“When he was discovered, some of the wires were still in his hand,” he said.

Krebs was married with three children, the chief said.

“Our thoughts go out to his wife and his entire family,” Grice said.

Krebs had been working on a pipe on Fox Meadow Drive, west of Lakeview Glen Drive.

Grice said weather was not a factor — the incident happened hours before storms moved into the area.

The incident also is being reviewed by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Grice said.

Contact reporter Kiera Manion-Fischer at (330) 721-4049 or kfischer@medina-gazette.com.

Gazette staff About Gazette staff

The Gazette is Medina County's daily local news source, serving the community since 1832. Contact The Gazette's news department at (330) 721-4065 or areanews@medina-gazette.com.