MEDINA — Six men had Monday hearings or trials delayed in Medina County Common Pleas Court.
• Patrick Shank, 46, of 5170 Chippewa Road, Montville Township, had his Monday trial delayed to Sept. 23. Shank is accused of raping a teenage girl. If convicted, he could face decades in prison. He’s already in prison for similar convictions.
• Joseph Thomas, 28, of Cleveland, had his Monday trial rescheduled for Sept. 30. He’s accused of raping a Brunswick woman with an accomplice, who’s also charged. If convicted, he could spend 11 or more years in prison.
• Seth Cunningham, 22, of 3175 Central Park Lane, Montville Township, had his Monday trial delayed because of an Oct. 11 hearing for a motion to suppress evidence. Cunningham is accused of robbing a Brunswick tobacco shop at gunpoint. He’s charged with aggravated robbery, a first-degree felony punishable by up to 11 years in prison.
• Stephen Petrush, 44, of 149 Wolf Ave., Wadsworth, had his Monday trial delayed, but a new trial date was not available Monday. Petrush is accused of distributing child pornography. He’s charged with 10 counts of pandering sexually oriented material involving children, second-degree felonies punishable by up to eight years in prison each.
• Michael Basford, 27, of 1166 Lafayette Road, Medina, had his Monday trial postponed to Sept. 16. He’s accused of breaking into a Lodi apartment and attacking the occupant. He eluded police for months. Basford is charged with aggravated burglary, a first-degree felony punishable by up to 11 years in prison.
• Stephen Bugg, 45, of Elyria, had a Monday sentencing hearing rescheduled for Sept. 23. He’s accused of stealing a variety of clothes and musical instruments from a warehouse. He’s charged with theft, a fourth-degree felony punishable by up to 1½ years in prison.