Cloverleaf High School invites residents to help send students to the state marching band competition Saturday in Brunswick.
The Cloverleaf Marching Band has qualified for the state finals for 32 years in a row.
This year’s show is based on the musical “Fiddler on the Roof” and opens with an electric violin solo by senior Sarah Icardi.
Family, friends, students and others are welcome to a pep rally and free cookout.
For $3 per person, students and Cloverleaf staff chaperones can ride a bus to Brunswick to cheer on the Marching Colts and can commemorate Cloverleaf’s history of excellence by purchasing a commemorative T-shirt.
T-shirts are $5 for sizes small through extra large. Double-extra-large shirts are $7. Students may purchase shirts during lunch at the high school. Parents and others interested in buying shirts can send money to school with students for their order. Quantities are limited.
Admission to the state competition is $5. The bus itinerary follows:
• 9:30 a.m. — Meet outside at the band room entrance on the north side of the high school.
• 9:45 a.m. — Pep rally begins.
• 10:15 a.m. — Free hotdog cookout, provided by high school Co-Principal Bart Randolph.
• 10:45 a.m. — Buses for staff and student supporters leave for Brunswick.
• Noon to 12:30 p.m. — Cloverleaf Marching Band performs.
• 1:15 p.m. — Return to the high school.