Road maintenance projects are in high gear across Medina County this week. The Medina County Engineer’s Office has announced three road closings:
• West Smith Road, between Bryenton Road and Avon Lake Road (state Route 83), in Medina Township, will be closed Monday through Wednesday, from about 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., for bridge maintenance work.
• Hamilton Road, between Pearl Road (U.S. Route 42) and Sutton Lane, in Litchfield Township, will be closed Tuesday through Thursday for road repairs in the 4100 and 4200 block.
• Grafton Road, between Columbia Road (state Route 252) and Liverpool Drive, in Liverpool Township, will be closed Wednesday and Thursday because of a culvert replacement.
The Ohio Department of Transportation has announced a closing and a reopening:
• Wadsworth Road (state Route 57), just south of Sharon Copley Road (state Route 162) in Montville Township, will reopen Tuesday. The road was closed last week for a culvert replacement.
• On Tuesday, Ridge Road (state Route 94), a quarter-mile south of Medina Road (state Route 18) in Sharon Township, will close for a culvert replacement. The road is expected to reopen on Thursday.
Below are updates on other ODOT maintenance projects in Medina County:
Brunswick Hills Township
• Sleepy Hollow Road, at the bridge over Interstate 71, is closed for a bridge rehabilitation project. Motorists are encouraged to use U.S. Route 42, state Route 303 and County Road 17 around the closure. The road is expected to be closed through October.
• Remsen Road, at the bridge over Interstate 71, is closed for a bridge rehabilitation project. Motorists are encouraged to use Weymouth, Ledge and Ridge roads as alternates around the closure. The road is expected to be closed through mid-September.
• State Route 303, between West 130th Street and the Summit County line, is reduced to one lane of traffic as part of a resurfacing project. One lane of two-way traffic will be maintained with flaggers at all times. The project is expected to be complete in mid-August.
• Also in Hinckley Township, state Route 3, one-half-mile north of state Route 606 is closed as part of a slide repair and for culvert replacement. The suggested detour for motorists is Routes 606 and 303. The road is expected to reopen at the end of August.
• State Route 162, between the Lorain County line and the village of Spencer, has intermittent lane closures for pavement repair work. One lane of two-way traffic will be maintained at all times with flaggers. The project is expected to be completed this month.
• Interstate 76, from State Route 57 west to the Summit County line, has intermittent lane restrictions as part of a rehabilitation project. All paving work is complete, but the contractor has some miscellaneous work to complete. Motorists are advised to use caution in this area and watch for slower moving traffic as it merges in to the open lane. The project is expected to be completed this month.
For updates on projects across the state, visit www.dot.state.oh.us/services/RoadConstruction.