Fourth of July events around Medina County include:
• Brunswick Summer Festival begins at 5 p.m. and lasts through 11 p.m. See this page for more information.
• Parade begins at 1 p.m. Friday at Gloria Glens Park Village Hall, 7966 Lake Road, and ends at Lions Park on Lake Road. The parade’s grand marshal is Speaker of the House William Batchelder, R-Medina.
• Holiday events begin 4:30 p.m. today at the Medina Community Recreation Center, 855 Weymouth Road. There will be carnival games, a petting zoo, live music and inflatables. Fireworks start at 9:45 p.m.
• Medina Creative Housing will conduct its fifth annual Independence Walk at
6 p.m. today at Medina Creative Living I and II, 1120 N. Huntington St. The events will include a half-mile walk, barbecue, music and a pet costume contest. Walkers and their dogs are invited to join the one-mile round-trip walk.
• The Fourth of July parade steps off 6 p.m. Friday at Medina High School and travels to Spring Grove Cemetery, East Liberty Street and around Public Square to the back of the courthouse.
• Fireworks begin at dusk Friday at Firestone Park, off state Route 301 south of Spencer. The Fourth of July parade lines up at noon. For more information, call Sheri at (330) 648-2907.
• Fireworks begin at dusk Friday at Mill Stream Park on Maple Street in Valley City.
• Fireworks start at 10 p.m. today in downtown Wadsworth. The Fourth of July celebration concert will be at Wadsworth High School, 625 Broad St., on the lawn. In case of rain, the concert will be held inside the high school’s Performing Arts Center.